Monday 3 January 2011

Swimming Mayhem


Since I've become adequate at swimming over the last couple of years it has been fascinating to observe lane dynamics, especially in the fast lane, at municipal pools during 'public' swimming periods. My slowest pace is now much faster than most leisure FC swimmer's sprints and I would in no way categorise myself as a fast swimmer (just sub 60min IM swimmer standard if that helps grade me). This has led to comedy overtaking eg when doing drills and particularly when doing single arm drills. Being a big guy no one really fronts up to me but it is amazing to see the swimming rage of the "How dare someone be able to swim faster than me!" brigade. I usually just laugh it off though. Today's test sets got ruined. I was balked on my fast 50s and only managed a best of 32s this time. I had to call off the 400m TT three times due to some classically bad swimming etiquette (intentional or not) of someone pushing off a second before I reached the wall for my tumble turns, frustratingly always between 150 & 250m. Oh well, back to the pool tomorrow this time at outragiously early o'clock.

Nice ez 60min run (sub 150bpm hr cap), earlier in the day. Very cold again. Brrrr. Stick with the programme, stick with the programme...

Cavegirl, the gratuitously random pic of the most beautiful swimmer in the world, Laure Manaudou, is just for you. A picture paints a 1000 words! :-)

Kia Kaha

Neilly G

2 comments:

  1. Go see my newly added pic on today's post after your nagging and it's more appropriate than the girlie swimmer above, not that it's a competition or anything!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need to do is put bike pjorn or a picture of Laure or Jess Ennis (preferably together including the bike!) and I'll read every word you write! :-)

    ReplyDelete