Wednesday 19 January 2011

Quarella


For all you retro steel bike pervs out there, I give you mint condition Quarella.

Trg today:

Swim
7x 100 (threshold). RI 60s.
6x 50 (drills) + 10s.
7x 100 (threshold). RI 60s.
6x 50 (drills) + 10s.
Feeling strong in the pool.

Bike
3x 12min @ 105% FTP. RI 3min. Final rep was very painful!

All is good in the world at the moment. Just received the boxes for our move to Cranwell in 2 weeks from the removals firm. Time management-tastic for the next few weeks. Hope the weather doesn't turn too nasty over the next few weeks as I'm looking forward to some flat miles on the bike given all the rouleur turbo action so far this year. You don't hear that too often in a blog.

Kia Kaha.

Neilly G

6 comments:

  1. Trying again - either my system has gremlins or you don't like my comments and bin them!

    Don't like the steely and 105% at FTP for 12 mins ouch, ouch, ouch!

    Perhaps it was mentioning the family ... hope they are well and home now, you must be a glutton for punishment moving so soon after the arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite a hard session. First 2 rep were scarily 'ez'. However, the 3rd one really hurt and I mean really hurt.

    You'll soon be turning to the carbon dark side. Just keep thinking Viner Maxima RS everytime you fill out that imaginary lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, tell me about it on the subsequent intervals! I guess it's all to do with hitting the saturation point of clearing the lactate ... although I have the Powertap I'm aiming for intervals in specific heart rate ranges avoiding the 80-90% where possible so end up with working hard on the first few to get the heart rate up there and gradually dying slowly interval by interval in terms of power! The heart rate just slightly increasing as I go. However, I'm improving all the time so something is working - perhaps it's the Yoga LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've started all scientific and then say you don't do reps based on power but from the Powertap but go on your hr starting out very hard and dying towards the end. Discuss? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Discuss - I already did! I keep in the HR range! Use the Power to monitor progress. Skins this cat better than anything else I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're mean't to do it the other way round. Hit a power band and use your hr to monitor effect of hydration, cardiac drift (fitness), and see if you're ill or not! HR is a delayed perceived effort calculator (assuming your not ill and is affected by lots of things eg temp, not necessarily associated with fitness making it unreliable compared to your Powertap. Use your powermeter on the bike as your primary tech for efforts or it's just really an expensive data collection tool.

    ReplyDelete