Sunday 29 May 2011

Cipollini RB1000 (Weekly Round Up)


Look at those colours. That bike should have come out during triathlon's glorious 1980s fluorescent phase.

Pretty hard week. With a fucking hard 1/2 Mary Trail Race which was very hilly in Bourne Woods. The last 2miles were absolutely hardcore. It must have been carnage further back in the field during the last 4miles. I put in a solid effort (although the time of 1:41 looks a bit rubbish) and came 19th (I think) out of about 180 but it was most definitely a personal worst style course. There were still 130 people to finish when I left the venue to go home on about 2hrs and this was definitely no advertised fun run. A successful IM trg run with the WU and CD added in I guess. My turbo diesel engine feels pretty rock solid at the moment ready for Roth in July. Once I get going I don't seem to slow down.

I also had 3 really hard, successful bike rides this week indicating to me that my IM distance bike prep is all there (famous last words I know). Only managed one swim though but it was pretty fast and open water so at least I've kept up some wetsuit fitness. Had to take a day off though as I had a MSc weekend which got in the way a bit on Saturday.

1x Swim - 1hr
3x Bike - 8hrs
3x Run - 3hrs

Off to Spain tomorrow on holiday. Hopefully the sun will be shining in Andalusia for a few bike rides and a bit of sightseeing with my wife and son over the next 2 weeks.

Gettin' it done.

Neilly G

No comments:

Post a Comment