Sunday 5 June 2011

Holiday (Weekly Round Up)

Having a lovely holiday in Spain (see hotel picture) and managing to train as well.

Weekly round up:

Trips to Malaga (Picasso Museum), Mijas, Granada (The Alhambra), Ronda (World's oldest bull ring), Marbella, Nerja (some of the best beaches I've ever seen), Riofrio (for the fresh trout) & Antequerra (more churches than anywhere else in Spain).

Swimming (5x) 4hrs included a coached video swim.
Bike (5x) 8hrs
Run (2x) 1.5hr - recovering from last week's killer half mary.

Included in this was a local triathlon where I came second. Notable performances included a 23:08 where I went 2:40 for the first 200m and 400m in under 5:50 keeping up with the local star triathlete. I paid for it in the middle so could have done a high 22 (oh well); a bike sans aero giszmos where I smashed everyone. Less said about the run but it was incredibly hot.

Gettin' it done.

Neilly G

Permission has been granted and I will be doing a couple of big sessions so next week will probably be in the region of 20hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment