Friday 24 June 2011

Ridley Noah (Good News)


Had a great bike ride today followed by an ez brick run.

IM pace WU for an hour and then 2x 30mins @ 85% of CP. On the 1st rep my hr was so low that I thought I have to go for it on the next one as I haven't done a bike test in a while. (Don't tell my coach!) To cut a long story short I now have new best ever bike stats and at last a greater than 4W/Kg power to weight ratio. It may not seem like much to some of you bike ninjas out there but I'm a big guy for a triathlete and it now means I can back off the intensity at Roth and still produce a decent bike split.

Gettin' it done.

Neilly G

3 comments:

  1. Of course you could just cut the carbs and be less of a big guy and improve the power to weight the easy way :-)

    Great to hear you are riding well though and best of luck, it's really sooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no ez way. :-) Small wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is, Paleo is so much easier than everyone thinks. Smaller, fitter, healthier is its own motivation and reward to stay Paleo too!

    ReplyDelete