Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Joys of... Running


Over the last 5 years I have dreamed of running (literally). I love running and it has killed me being chronically injured for so long. Today I went for a 60min on trails and farmers' fields from work and I had a proper smile on my face. It made me so happy. I was running ez, not thinking about injuries and it was as ez as breathing, just how it used to be all those years ago when I used to run 70mile weeks. I don't care how any races really go as long as I can keep the same feeling in all 3 sports that I seem to have developed over the last couple of years. The running was the final piece in the puzzle. Fingers crossed that I don't get injured again. Now where's the foam roller!!!

"Run easy, light, smoooooth, happy...and run free!" Caballo Blanco.

Neilly G

4 comments:

  1. I loved Born to Run too - it has an amazingly uplifting effect. I'm glad you are enjoying your running. I'm actually enjoying not having to run anymore! What I am enjoying is cycling to my heart's content without thinking about racing - yes, I have retired - anyone want to buy my Ribble Aero TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks, have you seen my TT bike? I will buy a Zipp 808 front if you have one going spare though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see your fit and well Nelly. i am just about getting there myself on the run and you are soooo right, running healthy again and not having to worry about protecting a niggle is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like tempting fate by saying it though Royster. Running round Cranwell definitely helps with its undulating grassy trails. Hope you get a good injury-free period as well. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete