Sunday 24 July 2011

Shingles


Burning, itching, painful spots appeared on my face, hands and soles of my feet over the last week equals Shingles. (Image - obviously not me - showing a very mild version for breakfast viewing). So that explains my inexplicable exhaustion over the last few weeks and up and down training stats even during the taper for Roth particularly on the bike. With a CP30 of 360W and I was unable to hold 280W last week for more than 20mins simply did not compute. Although my running has been awesome. Go figure. Well I have bloody Shingles. Well that's IM Wales bloody cancelled as well then!!! Fuck, shit, bollocks.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds nasty mate, hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mick,
    Looks like about a month off training. My neck and face are in a bad way. Like the acne I never had as a child. Really tired at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up Coach, come back strong another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute and total rest. And usually triggered by stress. I'm glad you can't now put your body through another IM but I'm sad you are not well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I,ve heard and tried it and it gives some relief for a while , Listerine on a cloth or cotton swab and swabbed infected areas after blisters are gone, just a suggestion

    ReplyDelete